Saturday, June 18, 2005

I feel a bit like a lemming...

If everyone jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would I do it too? Apparently so :) I have decided to join the blogging masses and post random stuff about what is going on in my life.

There's a few reasons why I decided to jump on the blog bandwagon...but the only one I can currently remember is that my family lives far far away, and I am about to have a baby. SO if I can actually WRITE in the blog, on a semi-regular basis, I thought it might be a cool way to keep them updated on the daily (well let's be honest here...weekly...I think I can commit to weekly) events going on in their granddaughter's/niece's life.

So I guess I should start out with an intro of sorts...right? OK...so I am 28, I have lived in CT for almost 6 years, prior to moving out here for graduate school I lived all over the place (IN, IL, KS, MI, MN). I have a Ph.D. in Behavioral Neuroscience and am a college psychology professor. I have been married for 2 years to my best friend Dan. He's a bit of a goof sometimes, and sure there are days when I want to strangle him, but 99.999% of the time I am head over heels in love with him and consider myself to be a very very lucky person to have found someone that makes me so happy. I am currently finishing up the 8th month of my first pregnancy...it's been a wild ride, let me tell you... Had morning sickness for the first 4 months or so, got a reprieve long enough to finish out the spring semester, when the belly and baby started to get very large. Now it's tiredness and difficulty breathing, and mega back pain, and difficulty sleeping for lack of a comfy position. I am more than ready to meet my daughter...but she's got about another month to "cook" so I guess I have to be patient (not one of my strong suits). She will be my parents' first grandchild, and Dan's parents' third. We also have a dog named Max, but more often than not we call him Moose (I started it...I don't remember why...but it stuck!). He's a wicked smart dog...understands so much (time for bed, get a drink of water, etc. It's kinda freaky sometimes...). We adopted him from a no-kill shelter that takes in animals from pounds with high euthanasia rates (Max came from a pound in Kentucky where 70% of the dogs brought in are put to sleep because they are not adopted fast enough). He is an Australian Shepard Mix (the kennel said collie, but I think he's got hound in him somewhere) and he's 3 years old. He's got the sweetest face, and a "naturally docked tail" meaning his breed only has a stump of a tail, so when he wags it his whole butt wags...too cute! Last vet appointment we found out that he is fat, so he is currently on a diet. Of course it doesn't help that the neighbor, the post man, the UPS girl, and the Fed Ex guy all give him treats on a daily basis if he is outside when they come by... (heck the FedEx guy gives him a treat even if he doesn't have a delivery here, just happens to be passing by!) Everybody loves Max.

Let's see what else... I am a scrapbooker. Once upon a time I considered myself a paper scrapper, however in the 3 years or so that I was doing that I made a grand total of 10 layouts. Now I use my paper supplies for making cards mostly, which I love doing, but all of my layouts are created digitally. I am on 2 digital design teams (www.digitalfreebies.com and www.scrapdish.com), I made it to the 4th round of Digital Scrapbooking Place's "Scrapping Idol" contest, and hope to do one better next time! My scrapping "home" though is www.acharmingplace.com. I spend the majority of my message board time there. Great people, great friends, great fun, what more could you ask for! I have met some of my best friends through scrapbooking...kinda cool! Lately I have been trying my hand at creating digital scrapbooking kits...maybe someday I'll get up the nerve to try and sell them, who knows.

Well that's about all I can think of right now...going to go make myself some waffels with peanut butter and syrup (not it's not a pregnancy thing...it's just really good) and get going for the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home