Sunday, June 26, 2005

I have been tagged by Valerie!

(and its a good thing too, as I have nothing to add here today other that it's hotter than hades here and I am miserable :) )

1. Total Number of Books Owned: Oh good lord, I haven't the slightest clue! Probably well over 300 or 400, with an additional 100 or so textbooks/research books/reference books

2. Last Book Bought: personally: Janet Evanovich "To the Nines", though I have Harry Potter 6 on pre-order, and will be heading out to my nearest Walden soon for Janet Evanovich's "Ten Big Ones" (or whatever that is called). Mom just sent me the final 2 books in the Sweet Potato Queens book series (if you haven't read these books, drop what you are doing NOW and go to your local library or bookstore and get the first, "Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love" by Jill Conner Browne, and just make sure you have nothing better to do for the rest of the day than read a book and laugh your ass off)

3. Last Book Read: God Save the Sweet Potato Queens, Jill Conner Browne (second in the series, not QUITE as funny as the first, but still a must read). Was in the process of "Babyville" by Jane Green, but got bored and depressed (i.e. sign of a bad novel...I didn't read it in less than 2 days LOL), so I stopped reading it and started "Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook (and financial planner)"

4. 5 books that mean a lot to me: ooh, this is a toughie... lets see...

The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (book 1 Chronicles of Narnia), by CS Lewis. A classic series of books that will always be my favorites. Reminds me of my childhood (my copy of this book is battered I read it so much).

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (though the rest of the Celestine series was awful), very "spiritual" book without being religious. Reminds you to be in tune with the world, rather than tuning out (which is oh so easy to do).

A Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy, Vicki Iovine. Absolutely hysterical, the only way I managed to get through my first trimester of nausea sane. (Diary of a Mad Mom-to-Be...I think that's what it was called, also helped)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (first in the series) by JK Rowling. OK so I love each of these books as much as the one before, but the first will always hold a special place in my heart.

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Never before have I seen a man be able to write a female character so accurately. Some passages it's as if he was walking around in my head. (His other novel "I Know This Much is True" is excellent as well)

OK so I am sure this last question was supposed to bring out some inner feelings about deep, serious novels, but I can't think of ANY! My mind must be in a happy, fluffy place at the moment...probably because I am so darned hot and thinking was causing my brain to overheat, resulting in the reverting back to a less intelligent state so as to use less energy and survive... Either that or I haven't ever read a life-altering book... (and I figured it would be far too dorky to list David Grilly's "Drugs and Behavior" textbook, as it is what pushed me toward psychopharmacology as a career, but that would be admitting that I had actually READ a textbook...) I love books, I read like a fiend, and when I find an author I like, I read everything I can get my hands on by them. This has been true for Marian Keyes, Sophie Kinsella, Nicci French, Sue Miller, Anita Shreve, Jennifer Crusie, Janet Evanovitch, John Grisham, and others I am sure that I am forgetting

So I don't know that many people that blog so I tag Lauri

Other than that...nothings doing around here... OB appt tomorrow (come on cervical progress!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home