Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Everyday is yet another day

OK I have no clue what the title of this post means, but I couldn't come up with anything clever or witty to call it, so that will have to do.

Piper had her 9 month doctor's appointment today. She's right on track for weight, height, and head circumference. All her motor skills are on par for her age. The only concern is that she is not "babbling" yet. She ooohs and aahhhs but no bababa or dadada. The doctor (based on what we told her about Piper's behavior at home) doesn't think she has a hearing problem. So we're on hold for a month and a half, and if in that time she is still not babbling, they'll start doing some tests to see why her language development is delayed. I know they all say that all babies develop on their own pace, and she never has been a very vocal child, she was a very quiet baby since day one, but I still can't help but worry. Of course we will be ok with whatever happens, whether it's nothing, hearing impairment, or language impairment, what-have-you; but no matter who you are, you don't WANT anything to be wrong with your baby, and you hope against hope that nothing will be.

On monday, Piper discovered the water in her bathtub. It was the most interesting thing to witness. She has always loved her bath. She loves to kick and splash (me) and chew on her rubber duckie, and I guess in all this time, even with the kicking and splashing, she never REALLY noticed the water. So monday she saw it, sparkling from the bathroom light, and tried to grab it. She would try to lightly put her hand down on the surface of the water, as if it were solid, and then it would move, and she looked completely bewilldered. One of the best things about being a parent is getting to see things through your child's eyes. Watching her explore the water, try to put her hand flat on it, try to pick it up, put it in her mouth, was so amazing.

Things on the marriage front have been less than spectacular lately, I'm blaming it on work stress and depression...I'll see how far that takes me.

7 more class days plus the finals and I am DONE!!!!! Of course that takes me to mid May, but I'm almost there!

Off to put Pip to bed. Thanks for reading my ramblings :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Hi! I don't think that you need to worry about Piper. Jackson's speech was delayed and the Dr. was worried about it and even wanted me to get him tested. I never did. Now I can't get him to hush! In the car he just talks my ear off. I feel bad sometimes because I'm like..."hey Jackson, do you wanna watch a movie??" I know I'm a bad momma!
That's so cool about Piper and the water. Hope your marriage gets better. Depression and stress is not a good mix. I went to the Dr. yesterday to get back on my happy pill. I wish you the best! Sorry for the long comment! LOL

9:17 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Hey, Girl!! What's going on in CT??

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home