Thursday, June 30, 2005

Pregnancy dreams

All the books tell you that weird dreams are to be expected during pregnancy, and I have definately had my share. In the last month of your pregnancy, the books say that dreams about birth and motherhood, waiting for the baby, resposibilities of being a parent, you baby's face, etc. are all very common dreams...

So where does the dream that Dan (who didn't actually look like Dan, he looked like Lew, the guy I dated all through college) decided that he didn't want to be with me anymore, so I decided that the best way for that to happen was to poison myself by eating dog treats (because dog treats are poisonous...right??? ROFL) come in to play? Which category does THAT one fit in? Or last night's dream, where even though I was married (to Joey McIntyre from NKOTB...ok so I have been watching Dancing with the Stars and he's still just as hot, but it must not have been the best marriage, as he was also married to someone else...), I was dating these 2 guys who were best friends (who happened to be the 2 guys that Phoebe from Friends was dating at the same time, the kindergarten teacher, and the fireman...yummy), and I was breaking up their friendship so I told them that I couldn't date either one of them (but the fireman still helped me chop down the weird flower plants that were growing out of my tree in the backyard). Or the one early this morning where I was making out with Chief O'Brien from Star Trek the Next Generation... (now THAT was just odd...it wasn't even Commander Riker, or someone cute!) Someone please tell me, which parenting anxiety dream categories these fit into??? Why can't I have the normal "I left the baby at the grocery store" dreams...or the "I have the baby and she looks like Spock" dreams?

Yesterday was Ania's Ph.D. defense. She made it through with flying colors, as I knew she would. MIL went with me, just in case. It was a good thing...I started having more Braxton-Hicks on the way home and she took over driving. So now that I have made it through Ania's defense, it's time to get this baby moving! Spicy food, long walks, you name it, I'm up for it! Dan and I noticed that I have my worst bouts of Braxton-Hicks when he's home, so we figure he had a 4 day weekend this weekend, this must be when the real labor is going to happen, since he will be home...see the baby is just trying to put us through the least amount of stress possible and is waiting until we are both at home and ready before she makes her appearance. Next doctors appt is next wednesday...I keep feeling like I am missing this week's since I had to change it because of the defense, I woke in a panic this morning (Chief O'Brien still in my head) thinking I had overslept and slept through my appointment...

Oh and a funny story...this happened a while ago but I keep forgetting to post it... I was having Braxton-Hicks (big surprise there huh...) and Dan was helping me breathe (meaning that he breathes the way I am supposed to breathe, and then I guess the point is I am somehow supposed to match his breathing or something...) so anyways he's breathing in for 4, out for 4...but he had just eaten a bowl of Recees Peanut Butter Puff cereal, and he is blowing 4 counts of peanut butter breath in my face. I looked right at him and said, "That's not helping, it's stinky" we got a good long laugh about that one, after the contraction subsided. Since then, he doesn't breathe with me anymore...or if he does, he faces away... He likes to bring that up to make me giggle and take my mind off of the contractions or back pain, or whatever is ailing me at that moment. (he's also particularly fond of the first trimester story, when I got out of the car, got halfway up the porch steps, and threw up in the yard because I couldn't make it into the bathroom... for what ever reason we both find this story extremely hysterical and it usually makes me laugh for a good 10 min...must be the way he tells it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home