Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My baby is 10 months old....and I'm an Auntie again!


Ok, it's official...today Piper is as old outside the womb as she was inside...sob. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I feel like it was just yesterday (ok maybe not yesterday, maybe 2 weeks ago) that I was bringing her home from the hospital scared out of my mind, realizing how unprepared I was for this whole Mommy thing. And here I sit today, my darling baby sound asleep in her crib, thinking, I really hope no permanent damage comes from the 15 times she hit her head on the floor/wall/crib rails/playpen/my head today, gosh babies are clumsy...it's a good thing she doesn't bruise like I do or people would think I beat her! I think I've gotten the hang of this mommy thing...and I love it! There is nothing in the world that compares to drooly baby kisses, silly giggles, and hugs from my munchkin.


AND

Ania (my best friend in the whole wide world) had her baby today! Radek came into the world around 5 pm, 7lb 13oz, Ania had no meds because she went from 4cm to fully dialated in 15 min, and 2 pushes and he was out! I am going to visit them tomorrow at some point...probably after Dan gets home, as the hospital only allows siblings to visit, no other children, so I can't take Piper (MIL is coming over tomorrow to watch her for a bit while I go to SJC and pick up my checks, and maybe get a pedicure, but the time that I arranged, doesn't fit in with visiting hours, and it's too late to call and change things...plus I still have to pick up the checks regardless, so I might as well leave everything as planned, and then leave Pip home with Dan after he gets home from work, run down, hug Ania and my new nephew and run back)

It's a happy day today (especially since my last final was yesterday!!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Wow! I can't believe that little miss Piper is 10 months old already!! It sure does pass by quickly!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home