Thursday, December 14, 2006

TAG!

I've been TAGGED! Yippee! Thanks to Tracy for the tag!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog on the warm days, hot chocolate on the cold ones (and if I'm feeling fine, it has a little Baileys in it :) )

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps, definately.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? well... this would be assuming that we had actually located the tree in the Basement of Horrors at this present time... which we haven't. I believe that the loverly prelit tree we bought last year has white lights. And when we used to put lights on the house they were white as well. this year, we're far to lazy for that LOL

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put up your decorations? Normally... the day after thanksgiving. This year hopefully the tree will make it up (sans ornaments... as my 17month old would have a field day with those) by Christmas day

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I remember I used to have this little porcelain basket, and on christmas eve, I would whisper my Christmas wishes into it. In the morning there would be mini candy canes in the basket. Honestly I have no idea if that's a real memory or something that I created in my head, but it's my favorite.

8. When and how did you learn that Santa isn’t real? I was young... like 4 or 5 I think... I just figured it out... I was like that...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, my mom started that tradition and we have carried it on. We embellished though, we get new PJs on Christmas eve so that everyone has something clean, decent, and non-holey to wear for photos in the morning :)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Maybe if we had a “how-to” it wouldn’t be such a mess…

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I have a love hate relationship with snow. If it's gonna be cold, it might as well be snowing. But I hate having class cancelled because of snow because it puts me behind and I have to scramble to catch up... but on the day, I am excited for a cancellation :)

12. Can you ice skate? nope not at all. the last time I tried was in college and I had shin splints for 3 months afterwards

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? photoshop CS, where would I be today without it???

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family, food, funky christmas songs, like Harry Connick and SheDaisy and Everclear's Santa Baby

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? pumpkin pie for thanksgiving is a must, don't really have a MUST dessert for christmas, I love a lot of the cookies my mom makes!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? hmmmm.... not sure... When I was a kid I loved that we got to dive into the stockings first thing. I was always up at the crack of dawn and waiting for my dad to get up... 5 hours later... was like TORTURE. But there was always something fun in the stocking to keep me busy. And an apple...an old tradition from my mom's family. Since we're a "new" family, we don't have a whole lot of tradtions yet... we're still carving out our Christmas niche

I'll tag Traci, Nikki, and Laura cuz your bloggies need some lovin girlies!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home